7.03.2012

NURTURE YOUR INNER GODDESS: SPA CHIC

For many women, including myself, the spa is a retreat that promises to soundly nurture one's inner goddess for at least the few hours of pampering in store. In addition to regular upkeep appointments, many of you will visit the spa in preparation to put your best, rejuvenated self forward for a July 4th holiday spent with friends and relatives and or in search of a respite from your daily lives.

Sometimes we dress down when visiting the spa. It's a relaxed environment, so who wants to be on during down time? I get it. Then again, what woman wants the torment of racking her brain for a surreptitious exit strategy after spotting the attractive male specimen she's been eyeing at Equinox or (shudder) the prospective client she's been trying lasso for months? Does it really matter who it is when you're fumbling for words to explain an unbecoming look? So, go relaxed, but put together. I recommend wearing items that stretch and give because they allow you to feel like you're in your PJs without looking like you just rolled out of bed. A pair of twill pants, cotton jersey or silk maxi dress, a cotton jean top and twill or cotton pant, silk palazzo pants, a stretch jean and cotton dresses and tees will work. Your accessories can add just the right polish--a smart ballet flat, bag and light scarf should do. Layer on a simple ring, bracelet or watch, necklace and stud earring to complete the look. Here are a few ideas:
 As I mature, I make a more conscience effort to nurture my inner goddess. For me that means:

  • journaling to digest my thoughts, feelings and experiences
  • seeking out projects and organizations that I genuinely enjoy and believe in
  • taking trips and participating in activities that thrill me mentally and or physically
  • socializing with individuals who radiate strength and positivity and encourage me to be a better me

How do you nurture your inner goddess? Throughout this week on the Styled to Wear facebook page, I'll share elements that encourage a well-nourished inner goddess. First up is my friend Sharon. She has been a confidante, supporter, and my running partner for years. Her passion for health and fitness are an inspiration to me to live a healthier life. Right now, she is a top 10 finalist to become the new face of Under Armour. See her story HERE and vote for her HERE (voting ends at 3PM NYT today, July 3, 2012).




2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Clara! That means a lot to me! If there's anything you'd like to see on this blog please do let me know. And thank you again for your feedback!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Clara! That means a lot to me! If there's anything you'd like to see on this blog please do let me know. And thank you again for your feedback! Keep sending it along!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some juice fashion dolls