1.09.2013

HOW TO: WEAR A CROP TOP OR SWEATER WITH OR WITHOUT FLAT ABS

It's no secret that crop tops are trending now. I must admit I love them (in some of their incarnations), but I'm not necessarily able or ready to unveil washboard abs whenever I want to wear one. Last year around this time, I pulled one out from my closet to wear to a friend's NFL Superbowl party. Faced with the same predicament, I decided to pair it with a semi-sheer top in the same color family. The blend was genius, and I'm not only speaking from an aesthetic point of view!!!

So, you can imagine my excitement when over the last few months I've noticed images popping up on Pinterest of women like Joan Smalls and a model styled by Free People implementing the same camouflaging, flattering and put together strategy. It works, ladies! Not comfortable with bearing midriffs, but like crop tops? You can still leave some things to the imagination and enjoy them. Here is your solution!
photo courtesy of: Stockholm-StreetStyle.com
photos courtesy of (l) to (r): Free People; Rtister and altered by Styled to Wear

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some juice fashion dolls