1.29.2012

THE "B" WORD, PART II

You want the menswear inspired look without looking butch? *GASP* Keep reading. In "The B Word, Part I", I suggested borrowing pieces from your (imaginary) beau's wardrobe and pairing them with some from yours. Here, I elaborate on the idea by building a few outfits accompanied by tips and a few inspirational images to help you along the way. With them, I'm confident that you can wear the pants and avoid being called 'sir'.  

Enjoy! Let me know your thoughts by leaving comments, and if you like the content please follow me on facebook and twitter. Thanks for reading!

Add feminine touches to this edgy look with your sheer blouse, colored skinnies (or floral if you dare; see HERE and HERE), and funky tribal jewelry. The sheer blouse goes a long way in softening this look. Colored skinnies are usually reserved for women, hipsters and male entertainers, so I think you're pretty safe here.
Bracher Emden bag, Current/Elliott pant, Tiffany & Co. cuff links, 7 For All Mankind shoes, Dannijo and Pamela Love rings, Patterson J. Kincaid blouse, Pamela Love necklace (necklace pictured above sold out before I could link it!!! BUT I found one with clear crystals); some pieces also seen HERE.

I like the idea of pairing a hat with feminine pieces, especially flouncy skirts. Isn't the detail on the top below magnificent? The pumps add edge, femininity, and sex appeal. Say "meow" and "good day" with one step and a tip your hat. I think that's what Ashley's thinking.
rag & bone hat, Ellery top, Madewell leather skirt, The Addison Story belted skirt, Rocio clutch, Christian Louboutin pumps; hat and top also seen HERE

I like to call the shoes below peek-a-boos because when they peek out from beneath well tailored trousers or are first to be seen as you emerge from a car they create a flash of excitement. Men and women will beg for them to come out to play. Peek-a-boo!
Banana Republic earrings, Ralph Lauren Black Label bomber, Theyskens' Theory trousers, Brian Atwood stilettos, 3.1 Phillip Lim blouse, Stella McCartney crossbody; bomber also seen HERE

Take Kirsten's lead and create this menswear inspired look for yourself with my tip and pieces similar to those below.
Lauren by Ralph Lauren chandelier earrings, Milly necklace and bracelet, Brian Atwood slingback pumps, 3.1 Phillip Lim top, Yves Saint Laurent trousers (cheaper alternative); top also seen HERE.

Items without links appear to be sold out, but I'm sure you can find similar ones or go hunting for them.

Thanks for reading! Stay updated: like Styled to Wear on facebook and follow Styled to Wear on twitter. By all means, share this content with friends using the links below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some juice fashion dolls