2.27.2012

HOW TO: IDENTIFY THE RIGHT SHADE OF MINT FOR YOUR COMPLEXION

I recently went on vacation to beautiful HAITI.  Along with the rich culture I was privileged to experience, my eyes were struck by breathtaking, pristine beaches, picturesque mountains, fresh water pools of the bluest water you've ever touched and more.

A private beach about 1.5 hours outside of Port au Prince

Going away on a nine day adventure always begs the question, "What do I pack?!".  Considering a warm, sunny retreat of your own? Your local retailers are likely stocked with clothing directly from or inspired by Resort 2012 Collections.  Decidedly, THE Resort 2012 color is MINT.  I'm not here to tell you to wear it.  Au contraire, if you decide to don some mint, I'll help you select the best shade(s) for your complexion, natural eye and hair color(s).  And if you're not sure it's for you, leave it in your mojito.

Credit Color Me Beautiful the pioneer of color analysis with the exact descriptions and combinations of skin, eye, and hair color.
Thierry Mugler skirt, buy at farfetch.com

I've been eyeing this cable knit sweater by Acne for a few weeks and suddenly it's sold out everywhere.  I guess that's b/c Kanye decided to wear it last week.  I really should have written this post before leaving on vacation--sorry, but not to disappoint on Tuesday, Feb 28th, I'll post a couple SIMILAR + CHEAPER knits that may suit your fancy.
Acne Sweater images from my wardrobe

Vera Wang dress, buy at Neiman Marcus

Alexis Bittar jewelry, buy at Nordstrom

Dsquared Maxi, buy at LUISAVIAROMA

You're not entirely comfortable with mint, but gosh you can't leave it alone?  Use accessories that will not be worn close to your face like a belt that accentuates your waist, bag that complements your outfit, or try a patterned pant, dress, swimsuit, etc. where mint is not the dominant color.  Accessories are the most cost effective way to incorporate a trend into your wardrobe.


Luciana Teixeira tropical pant at carnet de mode, Missoni bikini at LUISAVIAROMA, Proenza Schouler PS11 tote at Barneys, mint belt at TopShop

Have a shade you're considering that you don't see here?  Leave a comment with link or picture and I'll try my best to get back to you.

Disclaimer: because of varying monitor qualities and settings colors may not read consistently, so purchase at your own risk.  When you buy, get the opinion of folks around you whose style you admire and or those who have proven to possess a keen eye for color.  Most importantly, evaluate how you feel in each garment and its color.  Don't LOVE it?  Return it!

Until your toes wriggle in the sand or you welcome the suns' warm rays to bathe over your body enjoy some of my vacation.

More pictures of my wonderful trip are on the Styled to Wear facebook page.  Connect with me by liking Styled to Wear on facebook, following @StyledtoWear on twitter, reading new Styled to Wear content on bloglovin' and of course sharing Styled to Wear with your friends!


Outside our beach front from within at Timoullage Beach, Jacmel, Haiti



Hammock at our beach front at Timoullage Beach

MANY THANKS to my friend, Ritchy for the putting together a fantastic vacation, Nyasa for being my travel partner and the friends I reconnected with and met along the way for their hospitality and enlightenment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me some juice fashion dolls